• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ruger old army $1625.00

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yeah that's not a typo.
Club had a swap meet today. I walk up to this one old boys table. He's got a stainless steel old army with 45 conversion cylinder.
Still had the box for it.
On the inside of the lid was written 1,625.
I says wow 1625!
He didn't even flinch ,yep you can't find these anymore.
And it's got the 45 conversion cylinder with it.
I went, ah Ok.
SMH

Don’t be afraid to get one in less than ideal condition. My first one was very pitted, but shot great!

I have one NIB never turned or fired and I would not sell it for $2000. I have a blue model that I shoot - paid $300 for it many moons ago - it's in as new condition with box and paperwork. They are great revolvers and they are not being made anymore. If you want one bad enough you will pay the asking price:dunno: that's the way it is. No one is twisting your arm to buy one :ThankYou:.
ROA-1.JPG
ROA-4.JPG

I have one NIB never turned or fired and I would not sell it for $2000. I have a blue model that I shoot - paid $300 for it many moons ago - it's in as new condition with box and paperwork. They are great revolvers and they are not being made anymore. If you want one bad enough you will pay the asking price:dunno: that's the way it is. No one is twisting your arm to buy one :ThankYou:.
View attachment 319329View attachment 319331
Don't want one!
No one's twisting my arm. Nor would I pay 1600.00 much less 2k for a 300$ converted Blackhawk.
I see and have seen a lot of old guys sitting on their guns! When they die or get so feeble they can't shoot anymore.
Firearms are either taken(stolen in many cases) by relatives and sold.
Given to a pawn shop or a dealer for a lot less than what they would have been worth. If they were to move their collection before they went physically and mentally downhill.
Myself , I've had two dozen+ of those old armies pass through my hands over the years.

Back