• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

round ball penetration??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Germany!

To give my 2 cents. I only use 2f or PP in all of my ML rifles, also in my working horse, the .50 deerhunter and it works well. I'm very satisfied with it.

Regards

Kirrmeister

i love short barrels too. I remember going into a store in New Hampshire when I was 13, and falling in love with the WMC's. Only problem was that my dad apparently didn't love me enough to get me one. Just kidding. I ended up getting a Cherokee kit instead and built it. Years later, in college, I rediscovered the WMC on the TC discontinued page, and started scarfing them up. I have cap versions in .50 and .54, and a .50 flinter. My dad has a cap in .50 as well. I also have a .50 penn hunter carbine in .50. LOVE short barrels but this thread has me interested in getting a .54 GPR in flint.

I like the fffg in the flint....because I can prime with it and carry only one powder. If I have time, sometimes I'll grind it down so it's finer.

Huntin Dawg said:
Come on now gentlemen. Let's keep it civil and on topic. Please settle your disputes in private.

HD

There's really nothing to settle...whenever I see mis-information posted, I, just as many others on this forum do, make a post explaining a correction.

I think to ignore misinformation would be inappropriate as it would allow a newcomer to be told something and go away assuming what they've just been told is gospel when it some cases it clearly isn't correct at all.

Roundball,

There's really nothing to settle...whenever I see mis-information posted, I, just as many others on this forum do, make a post explaining a correction.

I think to ignore misinformation would be inappropriate as it would allow a newcomer to be told something and go away assuming what they've just been told is gospel when it some cases it clearly isn't correct at all.

That is aboubt the best information that a person could offer.

"whatever you were told or read is wrong. Use FFg in flintlocks. Use FFFg in percussion guns..."

Now that has to be one of the biggest discomboobilations I have heard in a while, I did not see the post it was in but can pretty much guess from whence it came, Good response Round ball this kind of thing needs to be clipped before it spreads.

I agree with Roundball. I use WANO PP both in my .50 Deerhunter capgun and in my .54 Lyman Hawken flinter. Accuracy is very good with both rifles.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Back