• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

rifle kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russecv58

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Is anyone familiar with Wayne Dunlap component kits? How does his stuff compare in quality to say... Jim Chambers, Petonica, or TVM? I'm just trying to plan ahead of time how I will be spending my coming tax return. :grin: It will of course be a flinter with a swamped barrel. any suggestions on a maker?

The ones I have used from Dunlaps were comparable to Chambers to me. Cannot say on Pecatonica or TVM. Chambers will be the most PC of all of them, you will get the best buy for the $ on the stock from Dunlap. Trim is different & I actually prefer Dunlaps trim over Chambers. Chambers is softer & thinner & PC, but also much easier damaged & bent. If you are ordering a Rice barrel & a Chambers lock, I would not shy from Dunlaps, if he has what you want.

Lots of them using the same guy to do the preshaping. One thing to remember, the pattern used plays a BIG roll in this preshaping. Preciseness of the pattern & how much wear is on it. IMHO.

I have used probably a dozen of Dunlaps stocks & have had good results with them.

There is a real good chance the stock will be Over Inlet & you have to glue in wood right off the bat. Last ones I got from Chambers, Dunlap, & TOW were all over inlet.

Can't say for Pecatonica as the one stock I got from them didn't have the inlets & have not used either of the TVM's for stocks at all.

If I buy a preshaped with inlets now, I hand pick it & have the misc. parts there to lay on it. If it is over inlet I won't buy it. I am not paying $300-400 for a stock & have to start gluing in strips right from the get-go..... :shake: Too easy to just buy another stock, LOTS of them out there.

Keith Lisle

Back