• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Richland Arms 1858 Nipples?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy, picked up a nice older Richland Arms Co, 1858. Would like to install a set of Slixshot nipples.

By chance does anyone what size this pistola takes ?

Thanks
Bill

Post a picture for us brother.
every richland arms I've owned was a ASM. As such will use 12 x 28 threaded nipples. "Uberti" slixshot nipples is what you'll need.
20230915_160309.jpg

whats the big deal with new nipples?? all you guys the first thing you do when you get a new pistol is spend a bunch of money on new nipples instead of breaking in the ones you have.. if there was a place near me that was good the first thing I would do on my 58's is get a trigger job and whatever else they do to the action to make it shoot slicker..

whats the big deal with new nipples?? all you guys the first thing you do when you get a new pistol is spend a bunch of money on new nipples instead of breaking in the ones you have.. if there was a place near me that was good the first thing I would do on my 58's is get a trigger job and whatever else they do to the action to make it shoot slicker..

Because this is an older pistol that appears to have been dry fired a few times and the nipples are damaged and I can not get caps on them.

Looking at an enlargement of your photo the nipple that can be seen looks to be thicker than the nipples on a Pietta version.
What size caps are you trying and could you put up a picture of a rear view and a side view of the cylinder by itself?

Morning, I was trying both #10 and #11 caps, but the ends of 5 of the nipples are flared out from what I am assuming was caused by being dry fired.
I could prob pull them and file back to shape, but figured if I have to pull them, why not just upgrade to better nipples.
I will get some pics sometime today and post.

I have a Richland arms 58 . Looks just like yours. It takes the same nipples as all of my revolvers. it is 6X,75. Before you spend a bunch of cash . maybe you should check first.

I have a Richland arms 58 . Looks just like yours. It takes the same nipples as all of my revolvers. it is 6X,75. Before you spend a bunch of cash . maybe you should check first.

Thank you for the post and information Sir. I think I will pull one today and stop by Ace Hardware and use their thread checking board.

Was just thinking, and that's dangerous for me.....
I have other C&B pistols from Pietta and Uberti. Why dont I pull a nipple out of one of them and see what matches. Duh :doh:

Back