• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ready for hunting...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longfowler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
the other afternoon, I took out my restocked t/c hawken to sight it in for deer season. I finnished this gun up last april and haven't sent a round down the barrel since then, even though there has been 100's of 50-grain & prb loads shot out of the barrel when it was in another old stock. I wanted to see how it would perform with a 70 grain load of 3f and a 275 gr t/c maxi hunter.
WELL...I paced off a 25 yd target and put the 1st round so perfectly dead center, it took out all the orange from a wall-mart 50 yard smallbore target! I have never in my life made such a good 1st shot offhand...and I made several more ending up with a 1.5" 3-shot group! not bad for a gun made out of used parts, so I guess I'm ok to go for muzzlelaoder season - and there is nothing better than the feeling that I know I can hit anything I see in the woods this year!

longfowler said:
"...and there is nothing better than the feeling that I know I can hit anything I see in the woods this year!
That really is the truth about muzzleloaders in the woods...they're like hunting with an open sighted .30-30...odds are, if you can see it and get off the shot, you'll be dragging out a deer
:thumbsup:

I know where your coming from, I'm going out for 4 days in the woods myself. Did my target work today @ 50 yards everything worked very well. 10 shots within a 1.5 inches at my point of aim, if I miss it'll be my fault and not the ML. Even at my age I still get the B fever.

Ooo-ya :thumbsup: sighted mine in last week. 75grain by volume of 2f goex useing patch rd ball :thumbsup: and dead on at 100yards. Good luck everyone!!

Back