• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RCM Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have any of you heard of an RCM brand flintlock, with Green Mountain barrel ? I was told that it was a good one to consider, but can't find one thru any distributors, nor Cabela's, Gander, etc.
Is there such a creature , and if so, what's the reputation, quality, etc.?
Thanks,
Charlie

Do they have a web-page or any other source of info ? Phone number for brochure ?
Thanks

That is where I saw the name, they are from RMC the flintlocks shown are composite stocked modern sighted types with streaks of blue, yellow an pink designs in the stocks..it looks to me like the designer licked the wrong type of toads and ate some funny mushrooms. If a person came to a 'vous with one of them there would not be a dry eye in the crowd..........from tears of laughter.

Clash of the generations...
shocked.gif

Old style merges with the modern materials.

"Yup, I've seen it before."

Remember the composite bows?

I recall my first recurve bow circa 1968 when I was in high school it was a Herters "Farbenglass" I suspect that fiberglass was the material used but Herters was funny in that way. Composite bows do go back a ways there were some Western NA tribes that used horn, wood and sinew to make a composite bow of sorts..seemd to me the Mongols used something like that also.

Some of the Native American's composite bows pulled at over 200 pounds and consisted of senew and buffalo horns.

These bows were small in size and had a tremendous over-draw on them.

Russell and Remington show these bows in many of their paintings.

Back