• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pronunciation of "gonne"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chaucer got shipwrecked about twenty miles from London. He couldn’t talk to anyone in the village and was thought to be a Frenchman
When gonne was an active word English prononced the K in knight and knife, as in the Danish-English king Knute. An e was at the end of words like wynde, wind, and pronounced windy.
Our English today was given to us by Shakespeare and the printing press
I doubt that gonne was pronounced a proper way anywhere. Even today in the UK there are still local dialects that are almost gibberish to people a few hours away

Chaucer got shipwrecked about twenty miles from London. He couldn’t talk to anyone in the village and was thought to be a Frenchman
When gonne was an active word English prononced the K in knight and knife, as in the Danish-English king Knute. An e was at the end of words like wynde, wind, and pronounced windy.
Our English today was given to us by Shakespeare and the printing press
I doubt that gonne was pronounced a proper way anywhere. Even today in the UK there are still local dialects that are almost gibberish to people a couple of miles away

FIFY.

I stopped in the north Texas / Oklahoma border area for gas once. A man had a very nice restored 1956 Ford truck there, I tried talking to him, I understood maybe one word out of ten……
For all that haven’t seen it, I highly recommend watching hot fuzz for the 3 person translation of rural English old person dialect

Back in the seventies there was a book I read on the Trojan war. One question was the war was thought to be about 1250 bc, but the Iliad wasn’t written for more centuries.
How much could be recalled across that length of time
The author referred to a study by a bard in the 1979s living in the north of Scotland who was a story teller. He only spoke Scottish Gallic and was illiterate. He told a new story every day for three years an had not yet repeated one at the writing of the book
All these old epic poetry pieces learned young and stored in this guys head
At least a thousand tales
sherazade had nothing on him

Back