• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Presentation case for Colt Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taz

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I finished this case last spring but never got around to taking any pictures of the completed product. I will be taking it to our club rendezvous this weekend so I dusted it off and took some pictures; just thought I would share.

The panel in the lid is butternut and is edged with birdseye maple. The sides and interior partitions are black walnut and the bottom part of the case is mahogany. The interior botton is lined with green felt. All the hardware, hinges, lock and feet are good quality brass.

KPics2007004.jpg

KPics2007008.jpg

KPics2007007.jpg

No, it is assembled just like a panel door on your kitchen cabinets. The birdseye maple is made with 45 degree miters on the corners and a slot on the inside edge in which the panel fits. Just glue up three sides, slip in the panel, then glue in the last edge piece. No biscuits necessary. The wood panel swells and contracts acording to the humidity so only the corners of the maple are glued, this allows the panel to "float" inside the maple frame. This is realy important when using two different kinds of woods as they will expand and contract at different rates as the humidity changes.

All of the hardware came from a company called Lee Valley. They have stores across Canada but only do mail order in the USA. They warehouse and ship out of New York state. www.leevalley.com

Last edited by a moderator:
:hatsoff: ......... :shocked2: ......Dave I knew you were good when it comes to working with wood; but that's just plain BEAUTIFUL.
Soggy

Latest posts

Back