• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Practice in the snow...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgg

40 Cal.
Reaction score
8 or 9" of new snow made the rifle range at my local club pretty this morning, and I had the place to myself. I shot my .54 "transitional" flint to get ready for PA's after Christmas flintlock deer season. I have not shot this rifle much lately and it showed--my first 6 or 8 shots weren't so great. But I settled down and started shooting well after that. The snow sure made my black steel plates stand out nice.
IMGP0459.jpg

IMGP0457.jpg

IMGP0454.jpg

Ah, That reminds me of home (NY), I would be lucky to see an inch a year here in GA. I miss those days when hunting but going to work and such in the snow-- not much fun.

Beautiful pics
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pretty gun. Hope you do well in your up coming season. Nephew in Pittsburg is planning on taking his boys out then. We had 18" here in town and the surrounding hills had 24" of snow.

Beautiful gun! Great work and nice piece of wood.

Is that considered P-5 curled maple?

Thanks, Ron

You can't get much better than that for a nice looking gun with killer wood in the stock, hope the season is a blast for you, have a great time and enjoy the journey.

That rifle looks like a shooter-beautiful wood!..
great pictures, range and rifle--Go-get-em

Hey,I thought this thread was about shooting in the snow? :hmm:
Beautiful rifled gun! :bow: :wink: :blah:
Wish it were mine!

:thumbsup: Nice.

I've got the snow, but my fershlugginder flintlock has been reduced to its component pieces, for the time being. Sigh... :shake:

Thanks for all the nice comments about my rifle. It is a nice piece of wood :grin: but I am sorry--I don't remember what grade it was called or where it come from :redface: The rifle was built for me by a friend in '95 with a Getz barrel, a Davis Jaeger lock and Davis triggers.

That is the rifle range at Carlisle Fish & Game (Cumberland Co.)

Thats a purty gun :thumbsup:
Just out of curiosity, is that the road leading into the clubs range on the buisness end of the range? :hmm: :shocked2:

Back