• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder source....the good stuff

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the forum and hopefully new to flint locks. I cant find any powder in Michigan and am wondering if anybody can tip me off to powder sources in northern Ohio possibly? Buying a new flinter or kit with a constant search for powder doesn't sound like a good time to me as I like to shoot. Hoping not to get laughed off the forum :)

Neither am I. All forums have one or several.
Nah man. They are joking. Asking about the best patch or bullet lube is akin to asking an impossible question. Multiple pages long threads with untold numbers of recipes and opinions. Inside joke stuff between two of the good ones.

Neither am I. All forums have one or several.

Oh we do have those, you'll meet them soon enough I'm sure.

The patch lube thing is a joke, one of those eye-roll subjects that comes up pretty regularly and goes on for pages and pages with no consensus, leaving the (usually) newbie so bumfuzzled they take up collecting postage stamps instead of just picking something to try and going shooting.

I know you are a crafty guy, go with a Kibler Woodsrunner kit, easiest kit on the market to put together, everything is CNC matched. You should have it together in 2 or 3 hours. Slicking up the metal parts and applying a finish to the stock and metal is easy but takes a day or two to accomplish.

If you go with top quality from the start, you will never regret your decision.

Shoot any questions you have my way, I sorta' have this whole building thing figured out.

Nah man. They are joking. Asking about the best patch or bullet lube is akin to asking an impossible question. Multiple pages long threads with untold numbers of recipes and opinions. Inside joke stuff between two of the good ones.
I have answered that same question type on primitive archery forums for years. I promise I won’t ask any “what's the best?” questions. I'm a hard headed, stubborn, hands-on German guy that would rather fail 10x than ask a simple question.

Back