• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds Powder Horn #61

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Powder Horn #61 is now done and looks good, but it needs a home.
This is a right-side carry, measuring 10 1/2" along the bottom curve from the spout to the Cherry base plug. The base is 2.25" in a bit of oblong diameter.
I did a lot of deep engraving on this horn and used the quilt pattern on the body again, because I really like how it looks.
The Latin inscription on the bottom reads "Ad Meliora", which means, "To Better Things".
One small crack is evident at the base, which was due to me inserting the slightly large base plug. It's been cemented and is not an issue in any way except cosmetic (I didn't try to conceal it- its "character"). Nonetheless, consider it Guaranteed Repair for Life, as long as I am still kicking, at least :cool:
Asking $390 shipped.

Attachments

• Horn 61 a.jpg
    Horn 61 a.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Horn 61 b.jpg
    Horn 61 b.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 61 c.jpg
    Horn 61 c.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 61 d.jpg
    Horn 61 d.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 61 e.jpg
    Horn 61 e.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 61 f.jpg
    Horn 61 f.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 61 g.jpg
    Horn 61 g.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 61 sign.jpg
    Horn 61 sign.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Really dumb question of the day: How does one determine "right" or "left" hand horn? Would a "right" hand horn, when carried, the spout would tend to point to the body?

Back