• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder charge in Rice barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an update to the suggestions given. I did a little of all. I raised the rear sight a little and tried different powder charges. Yesterday, despite a 5-7mph wind I went shooting. The target blew over at one point. I set the target at the same 62 yards away as it was the last time. The 75gr. fffg produced the same results. 4 inches low. I went to 80gr and then 85 grs fffg. It seemed to cure the low shots when I didn't flinch.

Target

The 80gr and 85 grs shots grouped at about the same place. The three holes touching next to the bullseye are one 80 gr and two 85 grain. The top hole in the 9 ring is 85 grain and the low one in the 8 ring is 80 grains if I can remember. So it looks like raising the charge raised the point of impact.

Latest posts

Back