• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

plain hawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickey Brown

40 Cal.
Reaction score
here is a plain hawk with aging of metal
CRW_0400_zpsd588d71c.jpg
CRW_0399_zps79b984e9.jpg

:idunno: Nope I didn't like the shiny finish so I aged it Same hawk. Didn't remember that till you mentioned it :doh:

I don't throw these. They are for show. I use some plain Crazy Crow ones for what little throwing I do. Messed my rotator cup up a few years back

Henry Morrison said:
I don't throw these. They are for show. I use some plain Crazy Crow ones for what little throwing I do.
For show? What am I missing here? With all due respect, that hawk head is about as "plain" as it gets. Why not throw it?

I have never used a curly hawk handle, would hate to bugger somthing up....but does curly maple or ash stand up well to throwing? I spect them that got them woyldn't want to play handles with them.

Let me say this once more "I don't throw" get it I use it as a Tomahawk/period camp axe same as I make a fancy handled knife to USE not throw.

Henry Morrison said:
Let me say this once more "I don't throw" get it I use it as a Tomahawk/period camp axe same as I make a fancy handled knife to USE not throw.
That handle will not hold up well as a throwing hawk! :rotf:

In all seriousness, nice looking hawk for whatever it's used for.

Henry Morrison said:
Well, throwing IS using. If a hawk can't be thrown, it probably won't hold up to any serious use anyway. "Wall hanger".

I respectfully disagree my hawks have never let me down of course not many Shawnee to throw it at anymore but them pine stumps can be sneaky

Nope they are for using not throwing I prefer to keep mine for splitting deer pelvis, kindling and thick skulls

May I ask if you have an expensive fancy rifle? If so do you practice smashing skulls and using it as a club? I doubt it you use it as intended. Would that make the fancy gun a wallhanger? I'm not trying to be argumentative. I just posted photos of some hawks and knives. Then I was beset by others for it not being a "Throwing" hawk when I never claimed it was.

Latest posts

Back