• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pipe Hawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo40

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My kids got me a pipe hawk kit from track of the wolf for Christmas, finally got around to finishing it, poured a pewter mouthpiece an a couple of bands plus added a couple of inlays on it, I think it came out real nice, sure has some pretty curl, polished the axe up good, added some file work, then blued it an took some steel wool to it for an aged grey look.
Chris
mypipe3.jpg

mypipe1.jpg

mypipe.jpg

mypipe2.jpg

I don't know why everyone is telling you it's fine. It's not. It's absolutely horrible. You need to ship it to me immediately for proper disposal :wink:

Thanks guys, Suzkat as for how I finished the haft I soaked it in aquafortis then took a heat gun to it, steelwooled it good, after that I added some Klein's Orange Toner an steelwooled after it dried, then went over that with some Old Towne Lehigh Valley Red. After it dried rubbed a few coats of Tru-Oil into it steelwooling in between then took a piece of old sweat shirt an buffed it out good for a nice satin finish.

That is very nice. Thanks for sharing. What is it destined to be?? Mostly decorative??

I can't picture you wanting to throw that beauty.

Thanks guys, Honkey other than maybe smoking it once in awhile I can't see using it for anything I'd hate to marr it up in any way, right now it hangs in my hunting room with a bag an horn on a plague, so yes just for display.
Chris

Latest posts

Back