• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

photos of jim chambers guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishindoc

36 Cal.
Reaction score
does anyone have some photos of jim chambers guns. i'm looking at the mark silver, but any of his guns would be helpful. all he has is some grainy looking pictures on his website
thanks joe

This is my first gun that I built. It's the smooth rifle kit. It wasn't finished when the pics were taken.

Jack

100_0101.jpg

100_0099.jpg
:grin:

Roy said:
Don't wanna get in trouble :nono: :redface: :grin:

Come on Roy... You won't get into trouble. :rotf: Soon as I finish this pot of coffee, I'm gonna get my camera out and snap some pictures. You don't want to be left out of the fun.

It seems somewhere that I read in one of those mass e-mails that a person that made a profit or a living from Muzzleloading, hobby or not, they did not want those people to post pics of their work. I guess the feeling is that it is an attempt to using the forum for sales. Apparently the correct way to show off work for a person in my position is through either pt's or personal e-mails at the request of that person. Now for the average Joe building just to build as a hobby it is fine to post pics of their work. Agree with it or not rules are rules. :v

I didn't get the mass e-mail, so I was out of the loop, thanks for the 411. Anyway, I'm not building a gun for anyone... In fact it took everything I had yesterday to order the parts for my new 28g smoothbore. Thank goodness I have to wait 3 months for the barrel. :rotf: I'm building spit bamboo fly rods now as a hobby (not for sell), I'll be back into the builders fold sooner or later, once it's in your blood it's hard to get out.

Here the ones I built...

York Rifle.... built in 26 hours out of the most wormy wood I have ever seen. I sent the stock off to Bob Lepley (Chamber's kit guy) to have it made. Trigger guard is from Cabin Creek's York kit because Chamber's guard doesn't support double set triggers. This is my throw around gun that get beat up, left out in the rain, dropped, and I don't have to worry about it.

IMG_4610Large.jpg

IMG_4611Large.jpg

This is his Smoothrifle, again I sent a stock off to be carved.

IMG_4613Large.jpg

IMG_4615Large.jpg

IMG_4619Large.jpg

Roy said:
It seems somewhere that I read in one of those mass e-mails that a person that made a profit or a living from Muzzleloading, hobby or not, they did not want those people to post pics of their work. I guess the feeling is that it is an attempt to using the forum for sales. Apparently the correct way to show off work for a person in my position is through either pt's or personal e-mails at the request of that person. Now for the average Joe building just to build as a hobby it is fine to post pics of their work. Agree with it or not rules are rules. :v

If that's the way it is, I'm in BIG trouble. :haha: Can somebody clarify this situation? :confused:
Personally, I would prefer to see everybodys work, amature, hobbiest and proffesional.

Mike Brooks said:
Personally, I would prefer to see everybody's work, amateur, hobbyist and professional.

You guys humble and inspire me with the stuff ya'll do. I love seeing your new stuff. :bow:

I can still dance and spell better than Mike though....

Roy, I hope you got that rule from some other list cause it is wonderful for us amateur hobbyists to be able to see the work of the pros. Especially when they are as giving and helpful as everyone on the list.

Your not keeping any trade secrets from us are you?? :rotf:
Thanks!!

Slowpoke said:
Here the ones I built...

This is my throw around gun that get beat up, left out in the rain, dropped, and I don't have to worry about it.

IMG_4613Largex.jpg

I see ... well then throwed it my way and I'll beat 'er up some more for yas! :hatsoff:

Davy

Yes, oh yes I am :grin:

No not really, it was when I was when I was trying to figure out why I was'nt recieving any of the forums mass emails. Claude requested if anyone had a copy of the last e-mail sent. Someone posted it I read it and shortly after that it was gone again.

Anyway agree or not, this has been a great place to see others work and to learn some new things about building and shooting.
Now this has me wondering how many people actually received and read this email. :confused:

Naw that York is my "all weather" gun that I take on trips and such. Just last year it fell out of a canoe and on the same trip almost burned in a campfire. I love that gun though, the Rice barrel is a tack driver and lock showers sparks. It's a 40 caliber.

Slowpoke said:
I didn't get the mass e-mail, so I was out of the loop,...

Here's a copy...

Fellow members,

After receiving several complaints and in keeping with our policy of
"no advertising" on the Muzzleloading Forum, we are going to prohibit
the unsolicited display of items by commercial craftspeople. From now
on, we will not allow "recently finished" items by people who make them
for profit. If your hobby is also your business, that's unfortunate,
but we must be fair.

The original intent was to allow members who make their own gear to
post photos to share their craftsmanship with the members, not as a
showcase for vendors. That is the spirit and intent that will be
enforced.

If you wish to showcase your products to our members, you may purchase
a banner ad, but you may no long post your products in the Forums.

Having said that, if you are a craftsman and are active on the Forum,
people will come to know you and your work. Several of our members are
gun builders and the members have come to know their work through the
course of the discussions. Members routinely refer new members to the
builders on the site.

There's a difference between networking on the Forum and showcasing
your products. It may be a subtle difference, but it's there.

Posting Advertising...

When is a post "advertising"?

Acceptable: Someone asks, "Where can I get one of these?" You may
offer, "TOW" or "Dixie Gun Works", etc. Or, if you are a dealer, you
may contact them privately.

Unacceptable: An original, unsolicited post: "Hey, I sell powder horns,
check out my web site." Or, "Check out this site, they have some great
deals on x". Or, "Here's a great deal on eBay".

Unacceptable: Someone is discussing powder horns and you tell them, "I
make horns and sell them for $90. Go to my web site[url] XXXX.com[/url]", or email
me. In this case, you should contact them outside the Forum and make
your sales pitch.

The policy exists for a reason. We've had people join just to promote
their business. I just deleted a member for joining and within the
first two days, he spammed the Forum with ads for Gun Auctions and Gun
Shows. We're an attractive place to reach over 6,000 gun enthusiasts,
but that's not why we're here. If people want to advertise, they can
purchase an ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back