• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pedersoli Ky vs. Navy Moll?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazz1975

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Are there any differences in the pedersoli Navy Moll and the Kentucky pistols other than the brass butt butt plate on the Navy Moll? They look almost identical, but it seems the Navy Moll is priced much higher? Is the quality that much better or is the brass butt plate all that separates them? I want a flint pistol to go with my Pedersoli Penn rifle in 45 flint.

Charley said:
Are there any differences in the pedersoli Navy Moll and the Kentucky pistols other than the brass butt butt plate on the Navy Moll? They look almost identical, but it seems the Navy Moll is priced much higher? Is the quality that much better or is the brass butt plate all that separates them? I want a flint pistol to go with my Pedersoli Penn rifle in 45 flint.

Nice catch, I had not noticed the brass butt plate on the Navy Moll.

The Navy does have a "fake" maple stock along with the brass butt plate which probably leads to the increased cost.

After thinking about the 2 and since I use a loading stand to load, not sure I would want the brass butt plate as it might lead to stock cracking the way I load.

I was about to order a Navy, thanks, need to think some more.

Latest posts

Back