• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patched Cork Wad

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shifty

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I saw someone on u-tube shooting a muzzle loader with conicals and they where using a cloth pathed Cork wad ,have you saw this video, now I can not find it again.

Sorry C C we have been out all day just got back on the site,no I can't remember much except it was by the european guy CapnBall and i think it was a pedersoli rifle i watched so many of his videos that i just can't remember which one it was.Also i tried the history funtion but i am not registered there yet so no results. thanks

He said he wasn't registered.....that feature only works if you are a registered user...
Of course you can delete the history and also view anonymously... :grin:

I would think that it an unnecessary complication in shooting a muzzleloader. The cork wad, if it is the right size, should require no patching.

There may be a slight benefit to the use of an over powder wad. That's something you will have to determine for your specific use.

Well I never said I was going to use this method just wanted to watch it again .
Well guess what I found it and I was all wrong,it was not CapandBall and it was not the Double Rifle it was mag30th and the video is Accurizing the .58 cal Black Powder Mini Ball,just interesting to watch.
But thanks to everyone for trying to help me!

I have and still use cork as wadding in my shot gun shells (sorry off topic ) so if they were a reasonable bore fit they should work in a smooth bore , as for in a rifle , what is the point ?

Back