• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

patch knife period correct?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I see it takin your gear to the woods and learnin how it works or don't work is just part of the fun of ownin it. when I go out back its for bringin home the meat and if I think I need a certain item it goes along ,plenty of powder and r balls horn,knives ,primin horn loadin blocks ect.

I guess we all have different reasons why we do what we do but I like testin new things when I can . JMHO Curt

I fully agree, but been there, done that. That's why I carry only what I might need. Actually since I only carry in 3 extra balls, I really only should need 3 charges, but carry 5 in case I fumble. Someone else's needs may easily differ. I've gotten too old to shoot more than one deer at a time. Dragging out one and then working it to meat by myself is all I care to handle in a day.

Wick Ellerbe said:
...in case I fumble....

Whole lot of that going on for me these days, as well!

Maybe we should start a new group, The Honorable Society of Fumblers? Fumblers Anonymous? Finger Fumbling Flinters? :grin:

Sign me up for all of them. I have poured a charge past the barrel trying to reload before walking up on a downed whitetail. Heart pounding hands shaking. Even after all these yrs lol

I cut my finger during a shoot with the flint about 3 decades ago...John Braxton was there and just said, man has been cutting himself with flint for thousands of years.... :haha:

Yup. Happens to me all the time when cleaning the pan or picking the vent. Usually not enough to draw blood bit often enough that I'm thinking of ditching the leather cover on my frizzen and making one for the flint instead.

The gods of muzzleloading require blood saxcrifices now and then, flints cutting humbs,muzzles skinning knuckles when loading, and nicks of all kinds when building repairing or cleaning :haha:

Back