• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pa Pellet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimKok

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all
I was thinking about getting a flintlock and I was thinking about the PaPellet but I've have that it has no power I really don't undeerstand what that means, I know that it's not the greatest one to get but it is affordable.
Thank You
Jim

No power compared to "what"?

It's an inline disguised as a side lock. Has a funky breech systems that allows you to use Pyrodex or 777 pellets (or powder) under plastic wrapped pistol bullets as well as more traditional projectiles (round balls).

It's sole purpose was an engineered design to skirt the PA Flintlock rules for deer hunting.

At the price point of this rifle I would lean toward a Lyman Trade Rifle.

(my opinion) Better looking, better built and is really a sidelock.

From what I read, it is not much different than the TC flintlock that's made to shoot pellets as well as regular powder loads except it is made in Spain for Traditions.

It still requires the normal priming of the pan and (according to the article I read) it doesn't work worth a darn using a synthetic powder in the pan.

As for power, it is supposed to be able to handle three pellets of 777 making it capable of a 150 grain powder load.

Anyone who thinks a powder load that is over 120 grains lacks power should probably stay with centerfire guns and avoid any muzzleloader.

Anyway, the Pa Pellet is a true flintlock but at the price they are asking IMO there are better choices available.

As for shooting pellets, I still hold to my own experience which says, avoid them.

As with any muzzleloader, this gun will have some powder/ball or powder/bullet combinations that work well and many loads that don't shoot well at all.
The likelihood that a 50, 100 or 150 grain powder load available with pellets being one of the sweet loads is very unlikely.

If spending hundreds of dollars to fire a gun once a year at a cost of $3.00 or so per shot with no intrinsic or historical satisfaction is your thing, then you do not need my advice”¦.. If not then consider other possibilities. There is much to learn here ...”grasshopper.” :hmm:

According to the manufacturer...

PA Pelletâ„¢ Features:

Accelerator Breech Plugâ„¢
26" Octagonal Barrel with Premium CeraKote Finish
Improved Hardened Frizzen
Ignites Loose or Pelletized Powder
In-Line Ignition
1:48" Twist Rifling
Williamsâ„¢ Fiber Optic Metal Sights
Sling Swivel Studs
Solid Aluminum Ramrod

Status