• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Our Movie List

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne's "Alamo" 1960, Alamo 2004, The Last Command, 13 days To Glory, Two for Texas, Gone To Texas! :: :front:

Davy

Revolution (1985)
Treasure Island (1934)
Kidnapped (TV 1995)
Lorna Doone (TV 2000)
Chasing the Deer (1994)

"Fort Ti" - don't forget the George Montgomery epic!!

"Northwest Passage" - the TV series. 4 episodes are now on DVD with 4 more due out at the end of this month. Buddy Epsen as Sergeant Hunk Marriner, Keith Larsen as Major Robert Rogers.

"Last of the Mohicans" - there are like 6 live action versions from 1922 through 1992 and a couple of animated vesrions.

"Deerslayer" - at least four versions were made. The one made for TV in the 70's is horrid.

"Pathfinder" - Hallmark's version with Kevin Dillon is a fun movie to watch. I found it for $3 at a used book store. There are a few other versions also. The 1952 George Montgomery version is funny.

"Daniel Boone" - Aside from the 165 episodes made for the TV series, there must be over a dozen movie versions of this story out there. Some are hilarious!

"Almost Heroes" - a modern comedy, but it parodies Lewis & Clark...flintocks are there. I dig Lisa Barbuscia too! :)

"Crimson Pirate"
"Captain Blood"
"Captain Kidd"
"The Pirate"
"The Black Pirate"
And all the rest of the pirate movies made. Not to mention "Mutiny On The Bounty" and such fare.

Now for the Native Contingent:
Thunderheart
Clearcut
Medicine River
Pow Wow Highway

Or if you're stressing historical:
Tecumseh
Broken Chain
Black Robe
Geronimo
Crazy Horse
And I'm really looking forward to the New World! :thumbsup:

"Master And Commander", Russel Crowe, 2004. This movie is great! English, and French warships. Cannons, Rifles, and pistols, in the year 1805.

I loved "Quigley Down Under" but not much of a muzzleloader movie but plenty of BP anyway :)In that sense I could add "Missing" with Tommy Lee Jones. A great movie in itself. If its a muzzleloader you want watch "Tremors:4" where the hero blasts monsters with a punt gun. :shocking:

"Master And Commander", Russel Crowe, 2004. This movie is great! English, and French warships. Cannons, Rifles, and pistols, in the year 1805.
Great movie! Unfortunately it had that complete git Russell Crowe in it. I find the movie difficult to watch because of Crowe. Almost as hard to watch as "Gladiator"...but at least they did a little more research on "Master & Commander". Did you folks catch the episode of "History Vs. Hollywood" that featured "M&C"....pretty cool stuff.
Crowe only acted well in one movie: "Spotswood" ("The Efficiency Expert" in the USA). And that was only because he played a total a$$ in it....and he was a natural for the role!
Luckily, Anthony Hopkins racing slot cars made up for Russell Crowe being in that movie. :)
Jack

If you go to Amazon and search Sharp's you will find a series of movies made in England about a Englishman named Sharps. I have "Sharps Rifles" about the sharpshooters he comands. It is on the same line as the Horatio Hornblower series from A&E. The stories may be fiction but the set layout and wardrobe are great. The French wore funny hats.

Your right about the Sharpe's movies. They star Sean Bean who is usually a baddie in most of his other films. They were made by the BBC and have decent production values for made for TV. I have them all and have read most of the books. I just got "Sharpes Escape". It's setting in the "to be read" pile.

The books are better but the movies are worth a watch.

Try 'Lonesome Dove' with Colt Walkers and other .44s, as well as a Colt revolving rifle and a scoped Sharps shot by the world's worst shot...
Some great pistol whuppin' of an uppity barkeep too, courtesy of 'Gus' [Robert Duvall]...

tac :grey:

"The Sacketts" with Sam Elliott, Tom Selleck, and Glen Ford .. a great one especially for a made-fer TV! :eek: :thumbsup:

Davy

I seen today where "Into the West" is soon to be out on a 4 dvd set! I guess I will hafta get a copy in the near future ... :curse:

Davy

hey davy was that good, i wanted to wait till dvd to get it since i missed it when it was on..

Yes, it was good. Not as good a Centennial, but better than a lot of others. Especially most of the gabage that is on TV any more.

Jest about how I would rate it! better than some ... not as good as some othern! ::

And much better fare than other junk on the box today! :curse:

Davy

I just found one I've never seen: The 1956 Scott Brady flick "Mohawk". The DVD is currently en route to me...so I have no idea what it is like. It is probably very bad.
Last Sunday I found a $1.00 DVD at the grocery store which has 4 episodes of the TV version of "Northwest Passage". So that brings the total to 11 different episodes available now. Alpha Video offers Volumes 1 & 2, then this one has 3 episodes which are not on the Alpha DVDs. Although, it is hilarious to see Rogers carrying what appears to be a Springfield musket.
Jack

Back