• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Other options for SxS shotgun sights?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felonious

Is not actually a convicted felon.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I got a Pedersoli last year, and I've been hunting ducks with it quite a few times, it's VERY effective, especially when shooting bismuth.

My question is this, in my state you are not allowed to hunt deer with multiple projectiles. The areas I hunt are dense, hilly, and wooded, so a shot over a hundred yards is probably not going to happen. More like 50-75 yards before I can't see over the next hill.

Anyway, my question is this. The way I read the law, I should be able to hunt with a black powder side by side shotgun, as long as it is shooting slugs. The double bead site on my shotgun just doesn't seem to be quite accurate enough to get the shots I want, it's more than enough to pattern a duck, but getting a single round ball to hit where I want it is a bit more difficult.

My question is this, are there any other types of sights that can go on a shotgun that are designed for shooting slugs more accurately? I would prefer something slightly period correct, although I'm not opposed to using more modern technology if need be. The bead works great for a shot, if you cover your target with the bead, it puts the shot right on it, but slugs will vary by a few inches, and I think it's due to my inability to precisely aim with a bead sight, they're just too big.

Unless regulated by the maker with slugs/patched roundball at at a given distance, both barrels aren't going to hit in the same place beyond a relatively short distance. It'd be interesting to see at what distance the two barrels group sufficiently to be a viable deer slayer. Have fun !!

Back