• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Original Straight Rifled 10ga. Percussion Shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a special antique gun for someone who wants something different. This gun is a Birmingham proofed 10ga single barrel shotgun, circa 1850-1890. So, what's special about this gun? It has beautiful checkering, a German silver nosecap, some great engraving for a gun of this style, a beautiful damascus, and the only straight rifling I've ever seen. I have not fired this gun, but see no reason that it wouldn't be ready to shoot. Price is $1250 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_2716.JPEG
    IMG_2716.JPEG
    801.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2717.JPEG
    IMG_2717.JPEG
    415.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2718.JPEG
    IMG_2718.JPEG
    522.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2719.JPEG
    IMG_2719.JPEG
    702.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2720.JPEG
    IMG_2720.JPEG
    551.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2721.JPEG
    IMG_2721.JPEG
    412.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2722.JPEG
    IMG_2722.JPEG
    686.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2723.JPEG
    IMG_2723.JPEG
    813.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2724.JPEG
    IMG_2724.JPEG
    680.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2725.JPEG
    IMG_2725.JPEG
    525.5 KB · Views: 0
This one has had my curiosity. In part for a purchase but also for where it fits within the legal definition of a shotgun vs rifle when it comes to hunting. It has rifling -- sounds like a rifle. Could it still be used when only shotguns are allowed? Our state regs don't define a shotgun per se. They simply state what a shotgun must or must not have (mag capacity, shot size, etc.). I've reached out to a local game warden on the question to see how he thought about it.

Back