• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

original 1858 Remington

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have this revolver and am looking for advice/information and opinion of value of it. It operates correctly and locks up tight although I have not shot it. The cylinder is not original but all other parts seem to be, possibly the trigger is not as it is very shinny but I don't know how to compare it. It has a "P" stamped on it in different places. It looks like someone has wiped blueing on it at some point. Numbers under the grip match the barrel numbers. Is it acceptable to ask this here? I am considering attempting to sell it or prefer to trade it for a Woodsrunner Kibler kit although that may be a pipe dream, I really have no idea. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1858 2.jpg
    1858 2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 8
  • 1858 1.jpg
    1858 1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1858 3.jpg
    1858 3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1858 4.jpg
    1858 4.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1858 5.jpg
    1858 5.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1858 6.jpg
    1858 6.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1858 7.jpg
    1858 7.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1858 8.jpg
    1858 8.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0
  • 1858 9.jpg
    1858 9.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 0
  • 1858 b.jpg
    1858 b.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
I’d rather have that revolver on hip than a Kibler in hand. And I really admire the Kibler rifles.

That’s a tough one. All original you might be in the ballpark value of a Kibler but with a replacement cylinder I think you’ll come up pretty short.

My take is get it assessed. I for sure am not an expert or even an amateur in that area but its possible it has value.

It looks to have had some use then put away. Original parts alone have major value for someone trying to restore one and that one looks to be close to if not better than many restored guns.

I held a really rough original at the Southern VT biathlon. the grip felt much fuller in my hand than my Pietta?

Back