• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

OREGON Forest Hills Black Powder Brigade Rondy...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwhoffman

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Memorial day weekend! FORMERLY known as the FLYING M Rondy, we have a new location in the same area and a great new site!
Vendors, camping, kids games, activities for the wife and such...

click on the link to our site for a flier and maps!
http://www.fhbpb.com/coon hollow rendezvous.pdf

You can always PT me for more intel!

Last edited by a moderator:
We built a 20 +/- target rfle and trade gun trail last weekend, shooting over a small river. targets challenging and hit-able from20 to 150 yds!

lots of camp room, nice raffle, several vendors rsvp'd

our website hase a shoot schedule.

Split some wood for the tent stove, cast up some ball. Plenty of powder and flints.

All I need now is the booshway to guarantee sunshine over the Memorial Day weekend. :wink:

Unfortunately, no.
I think it would be a great event to add as you are not the first to ask about it!
next year perhaps!

Was upand shot the rifle and pistol trails yesterday. Excellent trails!
saw more than 2 forum members there! and am going back up withn the hour for the trade gun trail(best one I have seen in a long time!)
lots of camps in tin tee pee and primitive, weather is improving, abeit, no down pours! just cloudy and occassional mist/spatters.
All shooting from the edge of the road. Pretty and serene!
Will take some pics today!

...now load your gear and point your mule to this location!

It was/is a greatturnout considering the economy and weather!
As of 2pm yesterday, we had 146 rifle shooters signedin with the balance of the day and today(sunday) still remaining. primitive camps about par with 12 to 15 and typical camps(trailers, tents ect) very massive and numerous!
dont have a count yet on trade gun, pistol and squirrel or the other events butfolks having a great time and targets all hittable! No Rain.

I took a slew of pics yesterday and am deciding wher to post them. will get a few onto this thread though!

I went to the Coon Hollow Rondy on Sunday. Although I didn't take a gun with me I had a great time walking the trails watching the shooters. A very friendly and open group of people making me feel welcome even as a non-member.

Trade gunner won the pistol,myself 2nd by the tie breaker,I was middle of the pack in the trade gun event and actually won the rifle trail!
Bakeoven was called for blanket picks in 2 events, but it was a "need to be present to pick"deal.
Lots of new shooters, fathers reconnecting, a slew of day shooters, a good turn out for vendors, I only showed 1/2 of them.
20 targets on rifle, 11 on handgun(very tough targets at that!) and 17 roundball, 3 birds atrap set and 2 hawk/knife stations on the tradegun trail.

IMG_0917-1.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

This is my black powderpard Eric and his son and son's better half. I do all of this stuff with Eric, and he is one to ride the river with,so to speak. His son Jacob, ships out 1st week of July to serve our country as an Army underwater welder. Jake had a great rondy!
IMG_0878.jpg

Bakeoven Bill
IMG_0873.jpg

3 Forum members.... Bakeoven Bill, Tradegunner and 41Aeronca. 12 o'clock, 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock respectively!
IMG_0863.jpg

Brett: Well judging by your photos, I surely did miss out on a very fine event. Thanks for sharing. We have a local group rendezvous coming up June 18,19 and 20 -- the Little Butte Mountain Men's High Cascade Rendezvous. It will be held in the Cascades just off Dead Indian Memorial Highway past Howard Prairie Reservoir. If anyone wants particulars, I can pass them on even though I am not an LBMM member at this time. Just send me a PM.

Bakeoven was called for blanket picks in 2 events, but it was a "need to be present to pick"deal.

Had a good time, but the arthritis caught up with me by Sunday morning, so I pulled wet canvass and headed out before the awards.

Will see if I have any decent pictures on the camera(once I find it) and post 'em.

Ran into some professional lady photographer on the way to the tradegun trail who said I was "authentic" and wanted to take my picture. Said she'ld e-mail me a copy.

Been called a lot of things, but never "authentic".

Back