• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

On the wall or on your neck?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eutycus

Cannon
Reaction score
If a person goes the "paper cartridge route" and starts using them what becomes of the horn or flask? Do you still carry them for looks or make wall hangers out of them?

Seriously neither the horn nor the flask have been used in the reloading process once I started using paper cartridges.

If a person goes the "paper cartridge route" and starts using them what becomes of the horn or flask? Do you still carry them for looks or make wall hangers out of them?
When/where? Doing what?
Hunting? Shooting at the range? How far from the truck, how far from home?

A shot pouch without a horn riding with it is just a purse 👛. 😉

Just target shooting and probably close to home.
Then I would feel sorta comfortable leaving the hornhim flask home....

Or maybe in the truck just in case.

On the very, very, rare occasion I use paper cartridges, I still prime from the horn so have to have it. I suppose I could put a small flask or so called "priming horn" in my pouch or pocket, but, as alluded to earlier,,, a pouch with no horn seems odd,,,, I don't walk well in heels....

When/where? Doing what?
Hunting? Shooting at the range? How far from the truck, how far from home?

A shot pouch without a horn riding with it is just a purse 👛. 😉
It's not a purse if the cartridge box has an insert to hold the paper wrapped cartridges.

Attachments

• IMG_4185.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
A trip to the range is no big deal but, if I had a lot invested in a big hunting trip, I'd sure want to have a few balls and powder on hand in case my paper cartridges got soaked.

Back