• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Sturbridge Village Firearms/Militia Exhibit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too freakin’ cool!!
I help with the iron work on that carriage!
I worked at the village for 15+ years
Nice to come across this

Fantastic! I was up there a few weeks ago, met with Mr. Heidemann, who was a great host and let me climb all over the gun and take measurements. I've actually purchased the next production sister barrel to that big LaPan 3 pounder that is on there and I'm going to have a very similar carriage built! It's one of my favorite guns around.

It is a great place. My 5th great grandfather Joseph Marsh IV is buried in the Revolutionary War Soldiers Cemetery in Sturbridge. He was a corporal in Captain J Clapps Company of the 3rd Regiment of the Massachusetts Bay Militia commanded by Colonel Israel Chapen.

Fantastic! I was up there a few weeks ago, met with Mr. Heidemann, who was a great host and let me climb all over the gun and take measurements. I've actually purchased the next production sister barrel to that big LaPan 3 pounder that is on there and I'm going to have a very similar carriage built! It's one of my favorite guns around.
I worked in the shop with Derek when he was just 14 years old. He was an amazing smith even way back then.

Back