• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Guys vs Young Guys 2011, ends July 31st

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Misread that up front. I guess I'll be using something for a thick pad on my shoulder. I have a slip on rubber pad somewhere around here I think, maybe that will help. Bill

You gotta be kiddin' me!!! I went out and shot about 10 shots with my flintlock to warm up, went out and stuck my target on the barbed wire fence, stepped back 25 yards and let the ball fly and it was like just a couple inches low of center, by hitting that paper off hand with a flint is a challenge for me. Now I come back home and read we have 3 shots!!! Looks like my target will be done in a couple of weeks because I won't get to shoot 'til then since I'll be gone a week :shake:.

Well, you know how us old guys are, we tend to make up our own rules (OMG, I am starting to sound like Capper!).

Ok, ok, I promise to follow the rules, and not use a long pipe and funnel, or have my daughter shoot for me. No bench rest either :( . Maybe I should start practicing or something, this is starting to sound like real shooting. Bill

luie b said:
You gotta be kiddin' me!!! I went out and shot about 10 shots with my flintlock to warm up, went out and stuck my target on the barbed wire fence, stepped back 25 yards and let the ball fly and it was like just a couple inches low of center, by hitting that paper off hand with a flint is a challenge for me. Now I come back home and read we have 3 shots!!! Looks like my target will be done in a couple of weeks because I won't get to shoot 'til then since I'll be gone a week :shake:.

Dang youngsters these days all have short attention spans. :haha:

Plenty of time to get them other 2 shots in Luie.
Heck, I ain't even got one done yet.

"Looks like we might be out-numbered, ...but we won't be out-shot!"

Only when it comes to shooting off your mouth
:blah:

Now i have a good reason to get that percussion rifle.

T.O. is in. I will be shooting Dad's new gun "Nancy Jane". I shot it the other day for the first time. The gun will put 3 in the same hole, I just have to do my part.

Team Old Farts,

Swampy
Makeumsmoke
Mad Irish
Grey Whiskers
Flaydermaus
PaulN/KS
Mike Brines
RC
Pete D
grzrob
Snowdragon
Homesteader
Brownbear
Buford
Marc Adamchek
Stumpkiller
jake2255
Papa
Danscottgerm
Armakiller

Team Young Pup's so far:

Jethro224
Skunkskinner
Luie B
Born200Yrs2late
Roy
bilder
Vtsmoker
Buripity
Flintlock54
54mountain
lonehunter
Trench
Angurvail
T.O.
:thumbsup:

Ok, I don't normally shoot much paper, but I'll give this a shot.
I do have a question about the rules however...
My flinter is sighted for 75 yds, with fixed sights. Did you say the x can be anywhere on the paper and you are measuring to the center of the paper? I would hate to have to file my sights for this. And can us old guys use crayon too? I am not allowed to use anything sharp like pencils for instance.

I believe the "X" is made corner to corner. I'm just going to pick a spot below the X where I think is enough to compensate and fire three shots.

For scoring purposes the X will be drawn thru the exact center of the paper, as determined by the judge doing the scoring (each team Captain).

For shooting purposes you can put the X wherever you like and use whatever you like to make the X.

We will use the exact center for scoring to make sure nobody shoots first and Xes(sp ? :confused: ) later to fit the group. I doubt anyone would cheat in these just-for-fun contests but it keeps everything as fair and even as possible in a postal shoot.

Yeah I kinda thought I would place a small orange dot sticker just below the X center for an aiming point when I shoot. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back