• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

oct-round barrels on trade rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if that's what I'd call swamped but I'm thinking a reinforced muzzle which was quite common on cannon as well as hand gonnes, which I have examples of, but here's a pic of a matchlock of mine offhand with such...

Not the clearest photo nor a closeup but you can just make it out without zooming in.

I'm a big fan of octagon-round. Don't believe I have any swamped barrels per se but they do make a difference too.

Alden, I'd like to see more of that wonderful Matchlock of yours in the Pre-Flintlock section!
Did you have Len Day build that for you? It's a beauty and period correct from the pic.
Thank you

Back