• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

North Hampton Pouch project by Splinters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello TC,

A very pleasant surprise having you critique my attempt at your North Hampton pouch and your gracious comments. I keep your book close at hand and continually review sections for future work. This Muzzleloader business has really caught my attention and your book has added greatly to that interest. I will be looking forward to your articles and projects in ML magazine and wherever else I can find your work.

I want to thank you for your time and effort in creating “Recreating the 18th Century Hunting Pouch”. It’s a real keeper and will probably become quite dog-eared before long. Your book is another example why Johannes Gutenberg’s printing press is my all-time favorite invention.

A pleasure sir and I’m really looking forward to "Hogrifles and Hob Nails".

Patrick

P.S. Attended a two day Traditional Muzzleloader shoot this weekend and the North Hampton County hunting pouch met muster in fine style. Received some very nice comments too.

P.P.S. I didn’t realize you are a member of The Muzzleloading Forum. Grand! :thumbsup:

T.C. Albert said:
Thanks too for the kind words about the ML stories. In fact, Im spending this holiday weekend working on another one...its about making a copy of a southern mountain pouch and horn set. The original is still owned by the descendants of the maker. The story is titled "Hogrifles and Hob Nails".

Thanks again,
TC

Oh my goodness!! Makes me want to renew my subscription to ML just for this one article!...Mick C

I'm wondering if Neetsfoot Oil (think that's the spelling) would be appropriate. Many a baseball glove was worked into supple awesomeness when I was a kid. And it didn't really darken the leather that much.

I'm a little behind the times on this post, but have any of you tried mixing 50% neatsfoot oil and olive oil. It doesn't smell quite so bad and seems to last longer.

Back