• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nipple pic Upgrade?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just an idea I tried and seems to work better than OME nipple pick wire. I had a clogged nipple flash hole and nothing seemed to open it. I made my own wire to fit into the pick holder and I like so far. I play 12 string guitar, well, let us say I own one, Using a G string, I cut the bitter end of the string which is an exposed wire, wrapped in bronze. I left a bit of the exposed bare wire to act as a pilot for the wrapped string. The wrapped string has an abrading action and makes quick work of crud or buildup. It also is a larger diameter than the wire supplied with the stock pick. Pretty close to the nipple flash hole diameter. Conversion of the pic holder is self-explanatory once you have the items in front of you. If it is not, maybe should let this one go.

NOTE: As most guitar players know, there is always an excess string on the bitter end so no guitar strings were harmed during this operation. Operation monitored by Musicians Local 273 to ensure no strings were abused or injured.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 4
Back