• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky Johnson

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Got my Peter Barry from the gun stocker (James Klein) in the white, got it finished and shot it yesterday. Its incredible, no misfires. It has a 50 cal. 42 inch Coldrain swamped barrel,Siler lefthand lock and a touch hole that 3f powder will tumble out of. Humidty was about 110% had to wipe pan & flint all the time. This rifle is a keeper,now if i could only see the sights. :winking: Rocky

Rocky do you have any pictures of this I always wanted to see one. Congratulations on the new flinter, I imagine you were like a kid in a candy store.

Tom I still have not taken the time to learn how to post pictures. Shot it some more today, I finely had to knap the flint.I don't have to pick the vent and with lower humidty I didn't have to wipe the pan and flint. I realy love this thing,but I can't see the front sight vary well its silver? Maybe a dark sight would show up better? I have to go to Viginia to watch a Grand Daughter graduate from high school, hope to go to old Willamsburg so will be gone a few days. :winking: Rocky

Hey Rocky..

I just went thru the "not being able to see the sights" and there's a good number of posts on that subject in General Interest. New lenses were a great help and the Lyman diopter was also.

As far as the front sight being shiny what I've done several times, and just did it on a new rifle, is to smear some black powder fouling on it. It'll tarnish up black pretty quick.

Congrats on the new rifle. I got one last Friday and have been enjoying it immensely.

Vic

Latest posts

Back