• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Elliot light dragoon. Shoots well after dropping the cocking force from about 12 pounds to 4, and everything polished. Hits one foot high at 7 yards. I may create a front sight.

ADK Bigfoot

Doug: As ADK mentions above, lock tuning, especially with the Indian made guns, helps a bunch. And his mention:

"Hits one foot high at 7 yards" - is so typical. Since there are no sights on the barrel, it is a natural tendency to try and align the top of the barrel with the black on the target as you have no other point of reference. This will cause the pistol to shoot very high. It's also un-natural to be pointing the pistol a foot below the black - just to get the ball into the black. LOL
The OP's pistol now having a front sight will now have a point of reference so to say. And if his front sight is tall enough, the pistol may now shoot LOW while aiming at the black. But that's OK. That's what you want. Now, he can slowly file the front sight down to raise the point of impact to where the ball "basically" hits where he points the pistol. Hope this makes sense.

Rick

I had thought about a large bore smooth pistol but ended up getting a smaller caliber with a rifled barrel. The rifled barrel makes a great difference in accuracy. At 25 yards it has, off a bench, fired groups under 2". Plus it's a match to my rifle.

Latest posts

Back