• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Patch/Skinning Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRB

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
4" blade of 01 steel, 3/32" thick by 15/16" wide, whitetail antler crown, 14 gauge sterling silver bolster. Hope you enjoy a look see.

Picture057_640x480_640x480_1.jpg

Picture058_640x480_640x480.jpg

Picture059_640x480.jpg

Lordy, Wick, you keep crankin out amazing stuff.
you got mad skills, as my 12-yr old would say.

Wick. I like all of it ,especially the file work and the silver bolster. They go very nice together. Help me out, I’m trying to guess how you made the bolster. :hatsoff:
Twice.

Now that right there is the prettiest knife I have ever seen. Absolutely great work Wick. You have outdone yourself. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ron

Twice, I get the antler shaped, then measure and cut the silver a tad oversized. Then bend it around and trim to where I think it will work. This one came out a wee bit tight, but silver stretches a little. Silver braze with a butt joint and see how it fits. once fitted and squared top and bottom, I silver braze it to the front plate. Then drill and file a slot for the blade tang. Basicly a simple process, but time consuming, and hard on my thumbs.

You did such a fine job of silver soldering that the joints were not noticeable.
I hope you get every penny you ask for that knife ,like you said, lots of work went in to it.
Thank you brother Wick.
Twice.

Hoooooold on thar! You make these knifes to sell? Would you make a knife for a man if he sent you some antlers? If so, I may need to get in touch with you in a year or so. You see, I have this buck on my property I hunt that I or nobody else can bag. A bud and I have been after him for 3 years. I aim to get that buck before he dies of old age. Kind of wanted to make something out of his horns. I thought about a skull mount, but I have many of those in my shed. A knife like this would be perfect. His antlers come out of his head darn close to right angles. They guesstimate we made of his base antler girth is too outrageous to type. I will say it’s at least 3 in. He is the most uniform antler deer I have ever seen. When he makes rubs, it kills the darn tree. It would be sweet if my buddy and I could get us a knife each out of his antlers!

I did mean to pay you for the work and knife. Just want it made out of my antlers. My above post makes it look like I wanted you to make the knives for free out of my antlers, Sorry. :redface:

Yeah that fella could do well teaching how to do that stuff. This knife needs to go on his web page. I have done refered several of my buds here just to see this knife. I think some of them gonna stay on. :)

Back