• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old gunsmith

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm a gunsmith specializing in the restoration and repair of military arms from the revolution to WW2. I started muzzleloading back in the 1960's and used to shoot NMLRA and NSSA but now just for fun. I shoot an 1817 common rifle built up from a mixture of original and repro parts; an original 1841 mississippi, an original Zouave, and a lovely York rifle built by Brad Emig. Lately been working with a new/old light wadcutter design for the 7 groove Zouave. Regards to all.

Howdy OG. I am downright envious ... must be nice to touch history like that everytime you fire 'em off! :hmm: :hatsoff:

Welcome aboard brother!

Davy

Well I started out early enough that these rifles were around and had very little value. I hope you won't think I'm boasting if I tell you that a new condition original civil war musket was only worth 25$ or so in 1960! We were looking for cheap guns to shoot for very little money. There were no repro's and we had to use original CW percussion caps. We had to buy our powder in 25# kegs from DuPont. It truely was a great time to be a kid interrested in guns. Having said all that, today we are truely blessed in having wonderfully barrels, locks and other components far better than we could ever of dreamed. More important, we have some of the finest craftsmen working today who have ever lived and worked on the firearms we love. I'd say these are the "good old days". Regards, Old Gunsmith

old gunsmith,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with
us.Sounds like you have a lot to contribute,
and we hope you will do so.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back