• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Lyman GPR in 54 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimbo47 said:
Guess you got the last one Griz! :idunno:

Got an email this morning from Taylor saying the sights are on backorder and expect them in about a month. :doh:

I got an email today from Taylors saying the same thing. After 2 weeks, I got a backorder statement.
I said a few things I would not want my momma to hear me say.
I did some more digging, and found a place that has them in stock. At about 11AM today, I called them on the phone and I got a confirmed. It will be in the mail tonight.
They are a few bucks higher than Taylors, but they do have them in stock.
Call Richard Beauchamp at 413-698-3822. He will get you fixed up. (FlintLock, Etc)
These folks are a factory importer and authorized repair/parts business.

Griz44Mag said:
Jimbo47 said:
Guess you got the last one Griz! :idunno:

Got an email this morning from Taylor saying the sights are on backorder and expect them in about a month. :doh:

I got an email today from Taylors saying the same thing. After 2 weeks, I got a backorder statement.
I said a few things I would not want my momma to hear me say.
I did some more digging, and found a place that has them in stock. At about 11AM today, I called them on the phone and I got a confirmed. It will be in the mail tonight.
They are a few bucks higher than Taylors, but they do have them in stock.
Call Richard Beauchamp at 413-698-3822. He will get you fixed up. (FlintLock, Etc)
These folks are a factory importer and authorized repair/parts business.

Thanks Griz
What I'm afraid of is they have all my billing information, and I'm afraid if I call and cancel, in a few weeks I'll receive a package and notice $100 missing from my bank account.
Taylors seems to have a terrible communications problem. When I ordered it stated "in stock!"
Waiting two weeks and then sending you a backordered notice is BS by any standard.

Thank you Griz for the link and number. Jim

Yup, I get that. I am going to let my order ride to see what happens. The Perersoli sight arrive today. Mr. Beauchamp gets it done. I ordered the sight Monday just before noon, it showed up in todays mail,all the way from Massachusetts. I spend the evening getting it installed. Turned into a bit more of a chore than I expected, but I do enjoy working on projects like this. I will get it to the range on Saturday, and hopefully will have some range report pics to show off.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nernDmX2nplbQKZx1

Griz44Mag said:
Yup, I get that. I am going to let my order ride to see what happens. The Perersoli sight arrive today. Mr. Beauchamp gets it done. I ordered the sight Monday just before noon, it showed up in todays mail,all the way from Massachusetts. I spend the evening getting it installed. Turned into a bit more of a chore than I expected, but I do enjoy working on projects like this. I will get it to the range on Saturday, and hopefully will have some range report pics to show off.

Nice!
What I like about the sight is that it really does look like it belongs on that rifle, looking more period correct, and not out of place.
Good job! :thumbsup:

Today the drill bit and 12-40 tap arrived. I drilled out the peep hole in the spare post and threaded it. It was a bit tight but the aperture screwed in. After oiling and working it in and out a couple of times, it fit very nicely. I had a spare .090 aperture so I used it. Then I drilled and tapped the post I was using. I will be ordering a "set" of them for using in different conditions and ranges. I am very pleased with the way it turned out and super happy with the rifle.
Updated the pictures to show the new setup. Now - is it Saturday yet????

nhmoose said:
Griz look for a Merit disk they screw right into Lyman and Williams, Redfield and now with your fix right into yours.

They adjust tiny to big making the size you need for the light easy peasy
Found their website. I like it! For the cost of 2 or 3 normal disks, you get them all.... Will be ordering one on Friday.
THANKS!

Back