• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New here and to muzzle loading guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All!

Few words of introduction: The name is Matt. I live close to Munich, Bavaria (Germany) and yes, only a few weeks till Oktoberfest.

New to this forum and to muzzle loading as well. It is all a bit different/difficult here in Germany. You can buy a muzzle loading firearm but not black powder. For that you need a mandatory safety course (probably not a bad idea) and a state license (I'm working on that).

I own only one gun so far, a Pedersoli An XIII pistol [1] as I am very interested in history, esp. the Napoleonic Wars.

Another big interest of mine is classic cars and I like to get my fingers dirty working on them. I own a 1979 Land Rover 109 Series III.

What else? I spend twenty years in the German armed forces (Luftwaffe) and a glorious year in San Antonio (Remember the Alamo!) with USAF in the early nineties.

Hope to learn a lot here.

Matt

[1] Muzzle Loading Pistols model An XIII Pistol

Welcome!!!! We live in East Anglia, and the two sons of our late dear friend were also in the Luftwaffe - one a pilot and the other a 'wizzo'. We lived in Berlin for three years, and Rheindahlen for four, and our son and daughter were born there. He died, but she didn't.

In those days. living in Berlin made BP shooting very difficult, given the status of the city, so we either had to go Braunschweig to shoot, or know somebody with legal access to BP for commercial or investigatory reasons. I did. And counted myself very lucky!

Are you allowed black powder substitutes so you can shoot the pistol?

I spent a few weeks in that part of Germany for work. That is a beautiful area of the world.

Back