• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from Indiana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch Out Walton, this forum is dedicated to opinionated keyboard experts. Poorly moderated and not so wisely left to the honor system. About one in ten qualified to give advice.

Welcome from Florida.

Indiana seems to be the hot spot for shooting sports these days. The NMLRA has had its facilities there for a long time, but the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) is moving their headquarters there later this month, and I understand the NRA's Camp Perry matches were moved to Indiana this year.

One other thing... I always thought barbecue was invented and perfected in Florida. Buccaneers on our coasts were originally boucaniers, people who cooked meat from wild cattle and game on frames called boucans, while they lay in wait for the next Spanish galleon to appear on the horizon. However, I was informed by a gentleman from Indiana that the absolute best barbecue came from his home state. He attributed a lot of that to a mustard-based "dip," or sauce, unique to Indiana. What can you tell us about Indiana barbecue?

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

However, I was informed by a gentleman from Indiana that the absolute best barbecue came from his home state. He attributed a lot of that to a mustard-based "dip," or sauce, unique to Indiana. What can you tell us about Indiana barbecue?

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Fairly, nothing. I, unfortunately, have no experience with barbecue. If anyone around the Ft. Wayne area would like to make recommendations, I'd be grateful.

Last edited:
I wouldn't rank our barbecue above Texas or either of the Carolinas as they were the best I have ever had. But Breaded Pork Tenderloin sandwich Indiana wins hands down. Most states restaurants don't even have one on the menu.

Back