• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Fowling Piece

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to thank all you guys for all the kind words....even though James built the gun! :haha: This is just about the best first gun I've ever seen, he did a super job with it! :thumbsup:
I'd just like to add that this was no "snap together" kit. The only parts that are semi inlet are the barrel and the butt plate, , the stock from the lock forward is left in the square with only the lock area and butt stock shaped. Hardly a "beginner's kit".

Mike,

I just saw your post above. Thanks so much for that vote of confidence. Your butt profile on that stock is superb.
I am very pleased with how the gun came out and have 2 more projects in the shop now.
The gun is "naked" to me now and needs some engraving.
I don't want to scratch on it though until I get a little more practice.
Jim Kibler suggested I take one of the engraving classes out at Bowling Green this coming spring. Didn't you get in instruction from Lynton there years ago? I don't know who teaches now.

Yes, I took MacKinzie's class in about '85 or '86. Then got another boost working with Bruce LePage a couple years after that, then about 20 years of practice.... :haha:

Back