• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New cylinder for a Navy Arms Uberti

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a new cylinder last year for my used, early Navy Arms Uberti 62 Police, hoping it would be a drop in but it needed fitting to function. Finally getting around to it yesterday we got her going with some judicious ratchet and hand nose filing to operate. Cylinder notch/barrel alignment could be better but will work as it is safely although I doubt it's tack driving capabilities which this gun was not designed for anyway. Also two of the nipple port walls had to be opened a bit so the hammer nose would not crowd it in battery. After these adjustments were made I was able to get a plug gauge slid down barrel to partially drop in to each indexed chamber but not quite all the way to the bottom which indicates less than perfect alignment but fairly usual in these early reproduction guns.
It still needs a bit of ratchet smoothing/ polishing but is timed well and should give years of good service to me and who ever owns it next.
These little guns have always impressed me as to their big gun performance in a small package which was exactly what they seemed to be designed for.
Click on picture to enlarge.

Attachments

• IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I picked up a new cylinder last year for my used, early Navy Arms Uberti 62 Police, hoping it would be a drop in but it needed fitting to function. Finally getting around to it yesterday we got her going with some judicious ratchet and hand nose filing to operate. Cylinder notch/barrel alignment could be better but will work as it is safely although I doubt it's tack driving capabilities which this gun was not designed for anyway. Also two of the nipple port walls had to be opened a bit so the hammer nose would not crowd it in battery. After these adjustments were made I was able to get a plug gauge slid down barrel to partially drop in to each indexed chamber but not quite all the way to the bottom which indicates less than perfect alignment but fairly usual in these early reproduction guns.
It still needs a bit of ratchet smoothing/ polishing but is timed well and should give years of good service to me and who ever owns it next.
These little guns have always impressed me as to there big gun performance in a small package which was exactly what they seemed to be designed for.
Click on picture to enlarge.
If I was going to use a percussion gun for carry it would be this little bugger!

Back