• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nessmuk Knife build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the fifth coat on this morning and they a looking pretty good. I didn't do anything with the blade as far as treating them or cleaning them up. I wanted to see how they looked just aged like it is. Hopefully by tonight I'll be finished with the handles. I'll have to clean up the excess stain or whatever may have gotten onto the blade.

Beautiful grain in those scales, what a wonderful project you have started on! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you gentlemen. :v I put on coat #10 last night and went to bed. This morning I took the tape off the blades and lightly sanded some of the oxidation off the blades. Here is the results of my efforts on the Nessmuk blades provided by Nifeman (BUD) with the Aspen scales. The darker handle was a result of staining it with a diluted Cherry LMF stain in alcohol. After staining, I lightly sanded it exposing some very intricate detail. The blond handle also looks wonderful and has a nice feel of it's own.

Special thanks to Bud for the blades. I sure hope I did your blades Justice. Now I need to come up with sheaths for them. Anyone know where I can get some simple sheaths? :hmm:

IMG_1375_1191x794.jpg

IMG_1362_1191x794.jpg

IMG_1371_1191x794.jpg

IMG_1373_1191x794.jpg

GMWW: Awesome is an overused word these days, but it certainly describes this pair of knives. Excellent workmanship and a stunning use of the materials. I'll bet your old friend Bruce is feeling right proud. These deserve great sheaths. Might run these past Chuck Burrows at Wild Rose Trading, or leaf through a copy of Bo Bergman's book "Knifemaking" for some Scandihoovian inspiration ...

Wowweeeeeeeeee, Man those are absoutely fantastic! I am at a loss to come up with words to do the final product any justice.
Yes sir, them knives deserve some sheaths that really compliment the knives. Well done a job I am sure your friend would have been proud of. :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:
You know in the earlier post I was unsure of the studs you had choosen. Now that I see them up close with the finish I must say perfect choice!!! :hatsoff:

Glenn my friend, you did a wondermous job!! The wood looks fantastic and you did do em justice. I'm sure your pard will really appreciate his...Bud

I am usually not a big fan of the 'cherry' stain, BUT...............It sure did a GREAT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Job on that wood.

Very Nice Work!
No-BS

WOW those do look nice i realy like the wood nice job on them both :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back