• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help with barrel removal for 45 cal pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some help from those who know this critter. ;) I need to remove the barrel from this Jukar 45 cal percussion pistol. It has been sitting around for years and I am not sure if the stock it stuck or there is a pin, screw or something I do not know about. The barrel tang screw is out, the two screws into the nose cap that screw into the barrel are removed. There are no pins that are visible. I placed a extended 3/8" dowel in the barrel and gently tapped the gun down with the dowel hitting the top of my work bench. Assuming all fasteners were out I thought the barrel would just pop out. No dice. Well, before I get tougher with that method, I want to ask here if I am missing something? The nose cap will not come off either. I am not sure if there is wood extending laterally into to nose cap, but from what I can see, I am saying no. Is the barrel just stuck, or do I need to do something besides what I have done?
Thanks
Larry
IMG_1145.JPG

I'd spray some wd40 or ballistol along the barrel flat/stock inlet.

Let it soak for an hour or two.

Then go back to the ramrod pry bar method of removal.

Did you remove the lock to see if someone "Bedded" the barrel/tang area? The nose cap not coming off has no impact on it as long as the screws are removed.

Last edited:
I'd spray some wd40 or ballistol along the barrel flat/stock inlet.

Let it soak for an hour or two.

Then go back to the ramrod pry bar method of removal.
I will get it off provided all fasteners are out. Thanks for the reply, but I still have not been told if they are all out.
Larry

If I'm not mistaken my Jukar KY pistol has a pin in the forearm. It isn't where I am right now, but I can check to make sure tomorrow. Could the wood somehow be covering it up?

Two screws go up through the front brass nose cap into the bottom side of the barrel. The screws hold the nose cap to the stock and the barrel down to the stock. Remove those two screws. Then remove the tang bolt, go to half cock and lift the barrel out of the stock. Make sure you remove the ramrod before lifting the barrel out of the stock. :)

Hey guys, need some help from those who know this critter. ;) I need to remove the barrel from this Jukar 45 cal percussion pistol. It has been sitting around for years and I am not sure if the stock it stuck or there is a pin, screw or something I do not know about. The barrel tang screw is out, the two screws into the nose cap that screw into the barrel are removed. There are no pins that are visible. I placed a extended 3/8" dowel in the barrel and gently tapped the gun down with the dowel hitting the top of my work bench. Assuming all fasteners were out I thought the barrel would just pop out. No dice. Well, before I get tougher with that method, I want to ask here if I am missing something? The nose cap will not come off either. I am not sure if there is wood extending laterally into to nose cap, but from what I can see, I am saying no. Is the barrel just stuck, or do I need to do something besides what I have done?
Thanks
Larry
Hey guys, got the barrel out and thanks to all the help. I usually break something when I get tough without knowing what is holding what. Here is a reason why the barrel did not come out with the usual amount of persuasion.

The barrel measures .883 flat to flat. That nose cap was stuck on the barrel AFTER I took the 2 screws out 😂
When I put it back together I guarantee it will be better the next time someone removes the barrel.
Larry

IMG_5557.jpeg

My screw into the bottom of the barrel is under the trigger guard at the front. Very strange. I removed it and left it out. The barrel is held on with a wedge. Actually it is one of a pair of boxed Jukar dueling pistols. They both had the strange screws. One was missing a screw to raise and lower the back sight and the screw worked perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_3506.jpeg
    IMG_3506.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3504.jpeg
    IMG_3504.jpeg
    497.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks
LarryView attachment 229514
Tang screw
Screws in front..
If it's a juker their possibly might be a pin though stock and barrel you're need to remove with a punch.
That's it.

Back