• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need a ‘51 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning. After picking up an H&R Stalker (probly the closest i’ll ever come to a trap-door unmentionable) on the Forum recently it reignited a longtime interest in the Civil War, and that rifle needs a companion - a steel .36 Navy.

My Lyman Remington doesn’t fit my hand, but i had a ‘51 abt 40 years ago that did. The Lyman will be coming up for sale later.

I think i want an Uberti and i’m reading good stuff about the London version. My problem is that i don’t really know anything about them. If anyone’s a fan of these, tell me why i need one. Just remember, i’ll probably use this information to convince Shootist Wife, who incidentally despises the Lyman (she got cap-shrapnelled).

Thanks for the help.

don

Good morning. After picking up an H&R Stalker (probly the closest i’ll ever come to a trap-door unmentionable) on the Forum recently it reignited a longtime interest in the Civil War, and that rifle needs a companion - a steel .36 Navy.

My Lyman Remington doesn’t fit my hand, but i had a ‘51 abt 40 years ago that did. The Lyman will be coming up for sale later.

I think i want an Uberti and i’m reading good stuff about the London version. My problem is that i don’t really know anything about them. If anyone’s a fan of these, tell me why i need one. Just remember, i’ll probably use this information to convince Shootist Wife, who incidentally despises the Lyman (she got cap-shrapnelled).

Thanks for the help.

don
Can't help with the 51 navy but would like to hear more about the H&R stalker . I want one real bad . Any pictures ? Going to a gun show tomorrow and will definitely be looking. FBC

Not a uberti but I was blessed to be first "I'll take it" here on the forum for a 51 Pietta .36 steel from BillfromOR. This pistol, new in box, is outstandng in fit, feel and function. I have fallen in love with it. I'm not sure it needs it but may send for Goonerization. My sherrif (small frame colt .36) is there now and expected soon. Once I see how it is I will decie if the 51 or the 1849 colt 5 shot goes in next. Dont decline a Pietta without looking. This one has ZERO issues. Photo is 25 yds second time out. Dag gummed flier!. My daugher is NOT a shooter (but like to shoot) and she got a 6 shot group smaller, offhand at 15 yds.

Attachments

• TimePhoto_20230604_180741.jpg
    TimePhoto_20230604_180741.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back