• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new French Big Bore Smoothbore 8Bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

German Jäger

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hello Friends,
Here are my new Smoothbore the Barrel are 20mm Bore and 1,30m long all over Size 1,75m! French Lock St. Etienne!
Wie Test it with Dhoot at 50 Meter with good Patrern! Who knows more about this Big Gun?!
a0dd153a-80a2-46cb-8e78-d70677fd6d68.jpeg

Attachments

• ea2d9728-317f-4e02-ad55-625f5c72df65.jpeg
    ea2d9728-317f-4e02-ad55-625f5c72df65.jpeg
    517.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2444f789-3e5f-4ac4-8081-87ad6d2ad729.jpeg
    2444f789-3e5f-4ac4-8081-87ad6d2ad729.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 0
I still have one of these barrels bought in 1971 from Turner Kirklin , Dixie GW. Mine is stamped Liege Belgique. I loved to blast away at stuff with it. Once shot at a grouse on a logging tram road. Had a load of # 2 lead shot , 160 gr. of FFG and shot by volume. There were saplings along the trail full of brush , and I laughed out loud at how that amount of shot cut through the limbs and the brush fell to the ground. Didn't get Mr. grouse. I think the patched round balls were 780 gr.. Almost shot at a deer 30 yds. out , , but had not enough confidence to guarantee a vital hit. I should get that aged safe queen out , and shake the dust off. It hurts to fire it , but is one of those bucket list things to do. Dixie catalog said , the barrel I bought was intended to make elephant guns. A fast runner was able to run up to an elephant , shoot it in the vitals , and the group of hunters could follow the beast until it fell , and transport the edible meat back on their village.

Looks like a sturdy wildfowling gun made from military parts, the lock plate looks like it’s from a French percussion musket, or it was styled that way. I’m jealous!

Useful fowling gun does not look too heavy for the shoulder and should kill geese clean out to 50 yards , what load do you use and what size of shot , I always preferred size 4 shot for my big bores but when lead shot was banned for fowling I retired my big bores .
Feltwad
P1010012.JPG
P1010041.JPG

Punter shooting a single 4
4 bore.JPG

Wow what a nice Collection! I use Shot Number 3 in most Times! So i put in 220grs Swiss No.3 Powder snd arround 70 Gramm Shot.

Latest posts

Back