• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

my new 1873 colt cap &ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4bore

32 Cal.
Reaction score
dont know why I bought this lol realized afterwards there was no 1873 cap n ball pietta :shocked2: :rotf:
anyways there kinda cool if anyones never seen one trigger pull is light and balances very well
color case hardening is very nice. Only drawback is you need to order the loading stand to ram yer balls home. yep shes mine my very own frankenpistol :blah:

:yakyak:
I have read that they offer cartridge conversions for remingtons....

Maybe it would fit????and then all you would need to do is weld a tip on that hammer???

I dont know to much about pistols "aside from the fact that they are banned here" but grab yourself a copy of "combat handguns" #49 guns of the old west issue, they have some info there about the 1860 cartridge conversion in 44 cal.??

Heres a url for a company advertised in the magazine that makes cartridge conversions

www.randdgunshop.com

You Americans get all the cool toys. :grin:

Good idea but shes staying cap&ball already got tons of centerfire pistols :shocked2: shot it this morning pretty accurate and the best pietta pistol yet I have had.

you clean yours?

ive yet to find anything easy to clean
:rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think you are describing the 1873 that copies the Colt Single Action Army and clones?

Have had a couple in Uberti and used the little loading tool to load the cylinder outside the revolver.

A friend converted his by adding a Uberti centerfire cylinder (can not remember for sure but THINK a .45 Colt was cylinder used.)

He had to convert the firing pin and have a gunsmith install a proper recoil shield in frame where old firing pin came thru. He likes it now.

I saw those a couple of years ago at a local range. Guy had the loading stand along with his pair of revolvers. The rumor was that they were designed with England in mind so that Cowboy action shooters could have a SAA type revolver that didn't fall under the ban.

Back