• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My flintlock, again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
IMG_20230602_103804516_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230602_103345703_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230602_103416771_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230602_103943660_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230602_103721248_HDR.jpg

I posted before about my .50 cal flintlock but no one identified the maker, so here it is again.
The first pic is an overall view of the gun.
Pic #2 shows the serial number and the breech plug. Note the number is 89 6243xx. Meaning the gun was made in 1989 maybe? What manufacturer used numbers like that?
Pic #3 shows the breech plug from the end.
Pic # 4 shows the rear sight alongside a Thompson Center Hawken rear sight.
Last pic shows the flintlock, on top, and a T/C Hawken, comparing the patch boxes.
Whoever made it, it is a good shooting gun and will remain with me as long as I am able to shoot, then will go to one of my three grandsons.

The patch box, trigger guard, nose cap, and rear sight looks like my CVA Hawken. But the forearm looks shorter than mine in the picture. Maybe a defarbed and customized CVA?

I can usually get fairly close on these IDs but I don't think I've ever seen one quite like this one. Looks very decent IMHO.

Back