• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first ever Buck!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robtattoo

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Actually, it's the first Buck I've ever seen whilst hunting!

I was sat in a low ladder stand, roughly 8' off the ground with my back to an old hickory tree when this little 7-point fella showed up!

He reached up to take a nip of a few honeysuckle leaves & offered me a great broadside shot at 55 yards. I centered the sights on his chest & cut loose with 'Thumpy' He fell right there & didn't take another step!

To say I'm happy would be the understatement of the Century! I've hunted very hard this year, between my little 26 acre lease & Tennessee's overly hunted public land & so far this is only the 5th deer I've seen all year & the only one to offer me a shot.

FirstBuck011.jpg

'Thumpy' is my .54 Lyman GPR. Loaded with 90gn of FFG, a .530 ball & Moose-Snot lubed ticking patch.

Given your current huntin conditions, you excelled robtattoo!!!!!!. Enjoy your efforts put forth. I would guess that you are the envy of your huntin crowd?

Heartiest congratulations! You look positively blissed out. Bet you're going to enjoy chompin' on that one.

Great shot and great buck...you did real good my friend!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back