• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Supplies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonard1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey Fella's, hope this is the right forum to post this. I live in the Eastern part of Upstate NY, on the NY/VT border. More specifically in Washington County. Where do I go for supplies? Anybody out there near me? I know how to get things online, but I'm new at this and would like to walk in a shop and get some help with what I'll need. Any help is appreciated.

Good luck on that quest. I live in NY as well but fortunately only 10 miles from Pennsylvania which is where I go for my supplies. You might try Vermont. I have tried a few places there with no luck either but they are not as restrictive as NY. Maybe someone from Vermont will jump in.

Best to you.

Dave

I live in a bigger city in Ontario, and we have 1 gun shop for 600,000 people :(

They don't carry much as far as traditional stuff, but they do supply black powder and APP. The have some traditions cleaning kits, hornaby round ball between .40 and .55, but that's about it.

I've ordered almost everything online.

Contact the NMLRA, they have a listing for three (3) different M/L clubs in New York, one can point you in the right direction for your needs.

Vermont has two (2) clubs listed.

Someone will help you.

I found a way to get the information you need to you.

just give a shout out for what you need, (other then powder and caps), for other hardware, someone might have extras saying around.

If you get into mail order, here is another place to try for things that you need. I have done business with them and they are good folks. They don't maintain a website so you will have to give them a call. They carry LOTS of black powder supplies as well as black powder and parts for many brands of guns.

Deer Creek Products
6989 E Michigan Rd
Waldron, IN 46182-9726

Phone (765) 525-6181

There is a gun shop on Rt 30 in Broadalbin NY which is in central Fulton county. Depending on where you are in Washington County it should be within a ninety minute drive. Been a few months since I,ve been there but they carry a pretty good selection of traditional supplies. Balls, caps, patches etc.

Frank's gun shop.Not exactly a black powder supply,but he has a lot of the common stuff.

Don't encourage them to vacation in Florida. An awful lot of them become "Dammed Yankees", you know what I mean? They come to visit, then won't go home, and they expect us to do it "their way", LOL. I still have a house in Cocoa, Florida, but bought one in Tennessee, to escape. You are right about Buffalo Bill's, its the only place where I could find FFFF, but its a little hard to find in downtown Orlando.........Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Gander mountain in milltion ny they have a large slection of black powder supplys.....moe

Back