• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader music??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve discovered some awesome music and thought I’d share it with the forum. I’m sure many of you know these guys but these are my go to when I’m in my truck or cleaning my guns. Hawken Horse and Peter Kosky

Who do you enjoy listening to?

Attachments

• IMG_9760.png
    IMG_9760.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9761.png
    IMG_9761.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I’ve discovered some awesome music and thought I’d share it with the forum. I’m sure many of you know these guys but these are my go to when I’m in my truck or cleaning my guns. Hawken Horse and Peter Kosky

Who do you enjoy listening to?
My taste in music is a bit different than your posting .... here's some fine music about casting magic bullets for extremely accurate muzzleloading shooting !
Screen Shot 2023-07-30 at 11.07.57 AM.png

Glad you brought up Korsky and Hawken Horse. I hadn't heard of them but that's some great music. You can hear echoes of the old ballads of England and Scotland in the simple presentation and story-telling lyrics. (Think 'Three Ravens' by Peter, Paul and Mary.) It's easy to imagine listening to these songs around a campfire.

Jeff

Look up Christian Wig. He passed away recently, but I think his website is still up. He made at least two CDs of authentic, documented fiddle tunes from the old frontier. It’s mostly instrumental, solo fiddle music, with a few accompanied by gourd banjo. To the best of our knowledge, this is music as it would have sounded on the frontier 200-250 years ago.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

From an historical perspective, the song " Hunter's of Kentucky" about the Battle of New Orleans propelled Andrew Jackson into the presidential office. The toon is typical of the 1820's, but I prefer Johnny Horton's "Battle of New Orleans" song from my youth.
Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 9.35.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 9.31.07 AM.png

Look up Christian Wig. He passed away recently, but I think his website is still up. He made at least two CDs of authentic, documented fiddle tunes from the old frontier. It’s mostly instrumental, solo fiddle music, with a few accompanied by gourd banjo. To the best of our knowledge, this is music as it would have sounded on the frontier 200-250 years ago.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob
Thank you, I'll check it out!

Yea
From an historical perspective, the song " Hunter's of Kentucky" about the Battle of New Orleans propelled Andrew Jackson into the presidential office. The toon is typical of the 1820's, but I prefer Johnny Horton's "Battle of New Orleans" song from my youth.View attachment 247089View attachment 247090
Yeah , the Battle of New Orleans is so great ! I wish there was more flintlock songs !

"You've heard I suppose, how New Orleans is famed for wealth and beauty.
there's grils of every hue it seems, from snowy white to sooty
so Packinham he made his brags, if he in fight was lucky
he's have their girls in cotton bags, in spite of Old Kentuky"

General Packinham said he would put their girls in cotton bags???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunters_of_Kentucky

Last edited:
Back