• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader Forum Woodswalk at the NMLRA National Championship

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Time to start planning our forum woodswalk for the September shoot at Friendship!

Last June we all decided that the noon start time on Sunday worked well so lets meet on Sunday, Sept 11 at noon.

For those who have not attended before, a group of us from the muzzleloader forum gather at the woodswalk check in station and do the woodswalk together. In addition to the normal match, we also compete for a "traveling plate" where the winner of the match takes the plate until the next match and engraves their name in it for posterity sake.

Drop a message here if you are interested in joining us!

Barry

Sorry for your loss, and sorry to hear that we'll miss your presence in the woods with us.
I'll most likely be showing up for another embarrassment. Not sure why I do this to myself, but it's probably to show off my incredibly stylish, big straw hat. :grin:

Barry, Don, I plan on being there again. Had a great time last year. tecum-tha, sorry for your loss. Leon

We had a large group take 3 hours to get through the woodswalk this Spring, while a smaller group got through in about an hour.

As long as the range is fairly empty groups of 4 or 5 can get through in a reasonable amount of time. Groups of 6 or 8 take an eternity to get through, particularly at the stations with 2 or 3 targets.

By the way, earlier is better. I think the range opens at 10 AM. By Noon the range is pretty well packed.

If you are in a smaller group you can skip busy stations and move back and forth along the line and save a lot of time.

I suggest that we play it by ear and if we have a big group that we break up into smaller groups.

I will be at Friendship this weekend. If I'm able I will join in on the woods walk. Only going to be there Saturday and Sunday. Going to do some silhouette shooting those days as well. If I can make it over to the woods walk on Sunday at noon I will.

Trent Grove

Smaller group than normal, but we had a great time.

Our winner is...

Trent/OH

First time woods walk shooter, and, he used a rifle he picked up at a yard sale for $100.00

IMG_0474_zpsendfps7j.jpg

Barry

Congrats again Trent :thumbsup: :hatsoff: A Great day of shooting with a great group of Guys. :hatsoff: Excellant job on the video Barry. :hatsoff: Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back