• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader by inheritance

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosbyBob

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Greetings from the Smoky Mountains,

I am very new to muzzleloading. I just inherited a Ruger Old Army stainless, H&R Huntsman 45cal inline, and a TC Seneca 45cal percussion rifle from an uncle. They all appear to be almost new. I also received a lead pot some molds and several cans of various powders (now in a cartridge box). I am glad I have found what appears to be a knowledgeable forum. I would like to know if there is a recommended Muzzleloading Manual that you'ens could suggest.

Thanks,
Bob

Hello and welcome...

I would like to know if there is a recommended Muzzleloading Manual that you'ens could suggest.

If you contact T/C Arms, they'll get you a manual for the Seneca free of charge...

Thompson/Center Arms Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 5002
Rochester, NH 03866

Call: 603-332-2333

As for buying a manual, I recommend the Lyman Black Powder Handbook...

BTW, T/C Senecas are getting hard to come buy, they're something worth holding on to...

Thanks MusketMan.

I have all of the manuals for the firearms. I need an in depth manual. I saw the Lyman manual on another site but there were about ten other manuals also. Each said it was the best. Makes for confusion. Thanks for the info on the Seneca. I am somewhat of a collector but these are my first black powders. I have quite a few of the modern weapons. Now I need a new safe. Wife says no!

I appreciate your rapid response.

Bob

It don't matter what the wife says, if you need a new safe, get a new safe. Then you will have an excuse to put heat and A/C in the garage, add the new bathroom and kitchen and in general remodel the whole house. (Because that is where you will be living from now on!)

Otherwise, welcome to the best muzzleloading forum on the www. That Seneca is worth far more than you Uncle paid for it. The Lyman book is the best I know of. Then ask questions here. Most of the responses will be realistic and useful. (Not like me) Welcome.

Welcome to the camp. Sounds like you are about all set to go. This is the place to come if you have any questions. take care.

CosbyBob,
Welcome to the forum glad to have you with
us. Lots of knowledgeable folks here to answer any
of your B/P questions. I have to go with the others
on the Lyman manual.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcomes and advise. I intend to stay active as I intend to learn how to shoot these things.

Thanks again,
Bob

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :thumbsup:

Howdy CosbyBob - Glad to have you aboard.
Hope to see you here 'n there around the forum.

IM jaybe :thumbsup:

Muzzleloader by inheritance, smokepoler by preference. You'll be converted to the white smoke side. :relax:

Go to the local book store or library or some sports shops and acquire thee book "The Black Powder Handbook" by Sam Fadalia which is a good start. Lyman products has a starter manual and so does the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association (800) 745-1493 and they also have a web site. This site is very good too, expecially for the beginner. :front:

Back